Apr 19, 2008

The God Who Hears




For thus says the Lord GOD: “Indeed I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out." (Ezekiel 34:11)

Have you ever prayed for someone for a very long time and felt like your prayers weren't even hitting the ceiling? As far as you could see nothing was happening, no results at all to indicate that God had ever heard even one of those prayers. Have you ever reached a point where you were about to give up hope of that prayer being answered? I have. Thankfully, He won't let us give up on that person, that situation, that prayer. Because He was the One who placed them in our heart to begin with. He is seeking them through us and our prayers. He has invited us take part in the work that He Himself is doing. This was the encouragement I found today in Spurgeon's Daily Devotional. "He has sought out us: let us have good hope for those who are laid upon our hearts in prayer, for He will find them out also." The heart of man is stubborn but God is always in control, always orchestrating the circumstances to accomplish His purposes. I will not lose heart. I will persevere in prayer.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

Yes I have persisted in prayer for so many people I love....with those prayers still unanswered. Thanks for the encouragement! Kathi