May 20, 2008

Listening to the Whispers ... again

cross11

In these last few weeks God has been chasing me around with as much encouragement as possible and I have been somewhat stubborn about accepting it. I have been struggling so with my own questions and doubts about what He has said to me. "For the vision is yet for the appointed time; it hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; for it will certainly come, it will not delay." (Habakuk 2:3) His definition of the word "delay" and mine are quite different. But He has reminded me that the vision originated in Him and will be brought about by Him.

Thankfully He has been pursuing me with reminders of His perfect timing, His plans, His active involvement in bringing fulfillment of His plans on His schedule. (I guess it's not about me.) He has reminded me that, like with Philip and the Ethiopian, He always goes ahead of me, He is the one who orchestrates the circumstances, and He arranges the events in accordance with His perfect timing. He has also been impressing on me His command to have faith like that of a child. Last night I got it. "My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him." (Psalm 62:6) This was the basis for my P31 devotional yesterday. It began with "Children anticipate everything.......... Yes they await good things with expectancy." I am so glad that we have a God who is persistent and will not give up on this stubborn one.

Lord help me to hear You throughout my days. Let me be sensitive to the thoughts and ideas You bring to my mind, the scriptures you place before me, and the words you chase me around with. I will believe what You say. I will trust Your plans. I will wait expectantly.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

Thanks for sharing your heart. Your words are an encouragement to me right now. I seem to be having some waiting, seeking, and listening "issues". Love ya ,Kath