Mar 9, 2010

The Names of God and Other Stuff

Kay took a break this week and reviewed what we have learned up to this point and the timing was perfect for me because I'm feeling a bit under the weather and writing a post takes a lot out of me sometimes. ☺ Next week we will look at Jehovah-Nissi.

Today is a dear bloggy friend's birthday. Please stop by her place and wish her a ♫Happy Birthday♪.

Last week I connected with someone who was my best friend in Jr High. Our friendship had ended on a bad note and I have always wanted to apologize to her but was never able to connect with her. Over the years I have sometimes Googled her name or searched for her on Facebook but nothing. Her name is not too unique even though she is wonderfully unique. So last week I decided to check Facebook again and prayed that God would let me find her so I could apologize. I found her almost immediately.

I sent her a message with my apology and we have been messaging our life stories back and forth since then. The first thing she told me was that she had started radiation treatment for breast cancer that very day. We seem to have reconnected at a level of openness that we had way back then, as we are pretty open books with each other right now. I hope it continues, she is one of the very few people from my past that I have wanted to reconnect with. She is not a Christian and I have been praying to Jehovah-Rapha for her physical healing as well as her spiritual healing. Very quickly in the course of our conversations God provided an opportunity for me to share my worst sins and how and why I fell in love with Christ and gave my life to Him.

I am sure that God arranged for us to connect now and that He is working in this to speak to her. Would you please pray with me for her healing and that she would hear God speaking to her heart? Also that God would continue to guide the conversation. I won't give her name but initials are GR. ...Thanks!

I promised a post looking at the Scriptures as compared to Peterson's book The Message and will follow through with that soon. It's been busy and I really need the income. I would really appreciate your prayers for my finances and direction too if you wouldn't mind.

Enjoy your week! ☺



Ask me about a blog design for your Christian Ministry

"A girl needs to be so lost in God, that the guy is going to have to seek HIM to find her!" ...Maya Angelou

14 comments:

My ADHD Me said...

Hi. Sorry you are feeling great. Hope it isn't anything serious. You know you have my prayers. I just paused and said one for your health, finances, and your friend.

That is really neat about contacting your friend after all this time. I'm sure it made you feel better AND her too.

Feel better.
Feel better.
Feel better!!!

Heidi said...

Praying for your long lost now found friend, epiphany eyes for her to receive the Gospel and for your health and financial direction. Thank you for your boldness in sharing the Hope that you have in Jesus.

I'd love to post, but am off again today running Fash to and fro, catching up on cooking and cleaning...*sigh*

Heart2Heart said...

Edie,

I am praising God for knowing just what you needed and providing it for you just in time to heal both sides of the relationship. Praying is ascending for both your needs and hers and for God to divine heal this relationship and bring you both close.

Please stop by my blog today to enter in the final chances for this weeks giveaway if you have time!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Kelly said...

thanks for the birthday shoutout! I love how God showed himself by letting you find your friend, and reconcile. May she feel his presence and may her health situation reconcile her with HIM!

Tammy said...

Praying,friend!

Yolanda said...

Edie,

I'm thankful that God answered your prayer and that you were able to connect with a friend from your child-hood. Forgiveness is a beautiful thing!

Father, we ask that You would soften GR's heart and that she would return seeking You. That You would also provide financing for Edie. Thank You Lord for You and for their hearts. Amen.

Love ya

Karen Hossink said...

Let's pray.

Father in heaven, thank You for Your perfect timing. For Your perfect ways. Thank You for re-connecting Edie and GR at this time. Please use Edie's testimony in GR's life to draw her closer to Yourself. Yes, LORD, please bring her healing!
And, Father, I thank You, too, for providing what we need. Every day. Will You give Edie what she needs today? And tomorrow? God, please show her Your faithfulness and Your power as You meet her every need.
I'm asking it in the wonderful, powerful, beautiful, matchless Name of JESUS.
Amen and amen!


Love you, friend!

rcubes said...

I keep my bloggy friends in my prayers even if you did not request because I know the Lord knows all of our needs. But to know the specifics of what to pray for is even better... Blessings to you sister and glad that the Lord provided a way for you and your friend to reconnect...Take care and may the Lord protect you, guide you and provide for all of your needs.

Jody said...

Praying the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him,having the eyes of your heart enlightened...Ephesians 1:17ff
May God supply all your needs according to His riches in glory.

Sue J. said...

I love reading how God works and in that perfect timing in which we mortals can merely stand back and marvel--for there is no way we can lay claim to any of it! He is good to work out those details, to bring restoration and new hope--what a plan, Edie!

Prayers that God will continue to provide all your needs according to His riches and glory in Christ Jesus! Your Provider knows what you need. Just keep in step with the Spirit!

rcubes said...

I had answered your comment at my site re:It's not about tennis anymore post...But I don't expect you to come back. I just want you to know I was blessed by your comment because I thought of that, too. That there is a spiritual battle going on, the boy, being an atheist, sensed the presence of the Spirit in my son that's why he was acting like that...But I was blessed by my son's prayer this morning: "Lord, please help Andrew [that boy] see Your love through me." Thank you sister for your confirmation!!! God bless and love to you. God is so awesome!

Greg C said...

I know that God brought you two back together for a reason. I think you know what it is too. I am so happy that you found her.

Beverlydru said...

Dear Edie,
I don't have blog time scheduled this morning but thought, "I must go see Edie" and now I know why. Praying for your friend. Salvation -sozo!! Complete with ALL that God has for her!
Praying for you that you will prosper and be in good health even as your soul prospers. That God will multiply that which you have and you will see a supernatural sign and wonder at His amazing provision. our God reigns. RICH Blessings to you today. RICH GIFTS!Amen.

LisaShaw said...

Edie, I just read your post above and scrolled down to read about your friend before responding.

I am always in awe of the absolute GOODNESS and PERFECT TIMING of our GOD!

I prayed for your friend and for you as I read your words in this message.

GOD HAS AN INCREDIBLE PLAN and it's already unfolding and I believe in this your friend will surrender her life to Jesus Christ.

I love you.