Nov 18, 2009

The Lord Directs Our Steps - Part 1

The other night I had the pleasure of talking with Karen at Surviving Motherhood. What a fun and very sweet lady she is! One of the perks about my blog design business is that I do get to talk with some of my bloggy friends sometimes when we are working out what they want. Karen and I talked for about an hour and a half, and if you're wondering, no it wasn't all about the design. :)

One of the things we talked about was where we grew up. This got me thinking about how God orchestrates our circumstances and directs our steps in the everyday events of life.

Many of you know that I was born and raised in California. My family was actually from Texas but I had never been there. I had a friend and coworker who was from the Dallas/Ft Worth area of Texas. Shortly after my dad passed away in 1985, she told me that she and her husband were thinking about moving back and asked if I wanted to go with them. I had never even considered leaving California before but her question made me realize that my dad was the real reason I felt that way. Now that he was gone, it was as though the tie was broken so I began to think about it, but before I had made a decision my friend and her husband changed their mind about leaving so I dismissed the thought. Little did I know that God had planted a seed.

A few years later a close cousin of mine made a decision to move to the Dallas/Ft Worth area of Texas. It seems that his girlfriend's dad lived there and was having some pretty serious health issues that prompted their decision to move. It was also during this period of time that I responded to God's call to I give my life to Christ. My cousin and his girlfriend later came back to California to get married and I had the honor of being in their wedding. It was after this that they began asking me to move to Texas.

The seed was being watered and I began to pray about making the move. Deep in my heart I think I knew that the decision had been made from the first planting of that seed but I needed to pray it through and work it out in my mind. I didn't discuss it with anyone, but I continued to pray about it for about a year and a half.

Come back tomorrow to find out what God was planning.

The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Psalm 37:23



Edie

"A girl needs to be so lost in God, that the guy is going to have to seek HIM to find her!" ...Maya Angelou

6 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

Oh, you're a stinker, Edie. But, yes - I'll be back tomorrow. *grin*

Andrea said...

Love you, girl!
Blessings and prayers, andrea

rcubes said...

Suspense? ohhh...see you tomorrow :) God bless you.

Heart2Heart said...

Edie,

SO you're the reason behind all those network cliff hanger episodes huh? Great job!

Looking forward to more surprises tomorrow.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

B His Girl said...

I have been thinking about this verse. He is directing our steps. Can't wait to hear MORE of your Texas accent. Did I ever share with you I lived in Dallas after college for a couple of years? LOVE the bluebonnets on the roadside.

LisaShaw said...

I enjoyed reading this first part and I see you posted part 2 so I'm going to read it.

It's awesome how the LORD has His hands on our lives in ways we don't even realize at times. He has a Perfect Plan!

Blessings and love.