Joining Sonya at Truth for the Journey for Thankful Thursday. Thank you Sonya for hosting this.
This isn't your typical Thankful Thursday post and I have listed more than five. Sorry for breaking the rules this time.
Can I be honest here? Sometimes not having a man around who will take care of stuff like this, drives me to the brink of tears and cussing like a sailor. I didn't cuss like a sailor, in case you're wondering.
Instead, God sent me over to visit Karen at Surviving Motherhood. Karen was encouraging us with the Psalms. Specifically this one that speaks of boasting in the Lord.
I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. My soul will boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together. Psalm 34:1-3
So I cranked up some Casting Crowns and praised, worshiped, and boasted in the Lord.
- Today I am thankful for our Veterans and the sacrifices they have made for our freedom. It was so wonderful to see so many people honoring our military men and women on Veteran's Day yesterday.
- I am thankful for Sue J who remembered my birthday and made me a bloggy birthday cake.
- I am thankful for Karen for redirecting my focus.
- I am thankful for Tammy, Heidi, and Kelly who helped me feel normal in dealing with this battery situation.
- I am thankful for Warren's advice and perspective that gave me some direction.
- I am thankful for Alice and her husband who even called me to see if they could help and prayed that God would help.
- I'm thankful for Kurt who told me to get away from the positive terminal. That's what you get from a military, Christian biker type, protection. :) I really wasn't going to mess with the positive but I sincerely appreciate the concern.
- I'm thankful for Rosel for asking her husband and providing a suggestion.
- I'm thankful for Kat who was also concerned about the positive terminal and suggested AAA. I didn't even think about AAA. Will they come out to disconnect a terminal and they reconnect it after a minute?
- I'm thankful for Greg's advice about the terminals too.
Thank you LORD for all of my bloggy friends who make me feel not so alone when simple things turn into major undertakings. I ask that you pour out rich blessings on them this day and throughout their lives. ~ In Jesus Name, Amen
"A girl needs to be so lost in God, that the guy is going to have to seek HIM to find her!" ...Maya Angelou