Dec 26, 2009

Christmas Day Photos

Hello bloggy friends! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Thought I would share a few pictures here.

The girls are acting out the story of Christ's birth with this kids nativity set as I read it. I told them one year we would have them dress in costume and act it out that way. They liked that idea. I think we need a bigger family.


The girls just put their gifts in Jesus' Birthday Cake Box and now they are putting the candles on the cake.


Instead of singing Happy Birthday we sing one of our favorite Christmas songs "Do You See What I See". Here we were singing the part that says "Said the King to the people everywhere..." and they decided to do a little more play acting.


Gift giving had to begin with Tobi. She wouldn't have it any other way. For those of you who don't know, on Tobi's first Christmas she watched as everyone opened their presents and the next thing we knew she was running around ripping up the paper that we had taken off our Christmas gifts. She thought it was great fun and still does. When she got her own Christmas gift she knew what to do and was even more delighted to find a prize inside all that paper. She gets several gifts every year and usually knows which ones are hers when they are under the tree, but she never touches any of them until I tell her it's time. One of these days I have to get this on video. It's really funny to watch.


The girls got an easy bake oven. Word Girl also got a sewing machine. Hmmm I must have been thinking domestic. LOL!


That's it for today. Come back tomorrow for my Project 365 photos of the week. :)

Ask me about a blog design for your Christian Ministry

"A girl needs to be so lost in God, that the guy is going to have to seek HIM to find her!" ...Maya Angelou

9 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Edie, I loved seeing the photos of your girls and doggy too. I could see the look of excitement in the air.

You are such a blessing to so many and I am thankful for you.

Love and hugs,
Debbie

Kelly said...

Lovely! You can find easy bake recipes on line, so you don't have to buy all the prepacked mixes, if you'd like.

We had a nice Christmas too.

:-)

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Great pics, Edie. I'm glad to see you had a great Christmas too. Y'all have some fun traditions!

The dog opening up Christmas gifts, though, that's a riot! You really should post a video of that sometime. How cute!

RCUBEs said...

Glad to know that you all had a wonderful celebration of Love that came down. That's neat that the kids were involved in the story. What a good dog Tobi is!

How exciting. A new year to experiment baking wonderful goodies for the girls and even sew! Love and blessings to you.

Sharon Sloan said...

Great pix!
So glad yours was Merry!

Andrea said...

Glad you guys had a great Christmas!
Blessings and hugs,
andrea

Sue J. said...

Can't go wrong with being domestic! Just think of the great things those girls will be making...in no time!

More happy days ahead....

Alleluiabelle said...

Hi Dear Friend,

Oh I so love pictures and these of your girls are beautiful! It looks like every one had a good time and that's wonderful.

Thank you for all that you do for others Edie. You are so loving and giving of yourself. I thank the Lord for our paths crossing along with other precious blogging friends. He always knows doesn't He? You probably have heard this many times before, but I have to say it again...You are such a gift from God and He uses you in mighty ways. Your mind and heart truly are His and that is so easy to see and feel coming from reading your blog and the many comments and prayers that you have left for me at my site and the support that you give to so many.

Thank you beautiful sister and may God bless you with an over abundance of peace, comfort, grace, joy, good health and prosperity throughout your life time in Jesus precious name I pray. Amen.

Love you,
Alleluiabelle

Loren said...

Edie,

So happy to see such JOY and Happiness in your pictures! Wanted to come say thank you for all your love, support and friendship over these past few months! You truly are a blessing in my life and I praise God for you my friend! I pray the Lord blesses you 7 fold for all you do for so many! You, my friend are such a gift to me and I love you so much!