Dec 9, 2008
This is a meme that Greg at Greg's General Store invited anyone who wanted to join in so I decided to play along. You are welcome to play too if you like and tell us about 7 Christmases past. No tagging involved here. Just play along if the urge hits you.
So here are 7 things about my past Christmases.
1. As a child we would all go to my Grandma's on Christmas Eve to exchange gifts. There was always a house full and we had lots of fun. For some reason, my Grandma always put me in charge of handing out the gifts. (I like being in charge.) :D
2. I lived with my Grandma and when it came time to wrap up the presents, she would put me in charge of that too. I thought it was because she liked the way I wrapped presents and made them so pretty. It never dawned on me that she didn't want to do it. LOL! I will remember that strategy for when my grandaughters get a little older. :D
3. One Christmas my uncle stuck a large bow in the Christmas tree and told me that was my present. It really was! It turned out to be a delicate cross necklace that he placed in a bottlecap, wrapped the bottlecap and stuck a large bow on it.
4. My little sister lived with me for a period of time. When Christmas came around she kept asking me what I was giving her for Christmas. I mean continuously. So I finally started telling her that I was giving her a rock. I told her every time she asked, over and over and over again. So of course on Christmas morning the very first present she opened from me was a rock. :)
5. One year a girl at work had a Christmas party and we all went out caroling. I loved it! We didn't know most of the songs but we had a good time anyway. I had never been caroling before that or after.
6. One year I got layed off from my job in late November. I was a single mom with no other source of income. I was collecting a small amount of unemployment and was looking for a job. I didn't have any money to buy my daughter any Christmas gifts so I was knitting her a dress with some yarn that I had. I had to combine two different yarns and it really wasn't turning out very pretty but it was all I had to give her. I just kept praying and praying that God would show me what to do. I was a new beliver at the time.
I had a friend who had a surgery on her foot and couldn't drive. She had a lot of doctor's appointments with two different doctors so I took her to all of her doctor's appointment. On Christmas Eve my daughter and I went my friend's house to spend Christmas with her family and she and her roomate had several presents for me to put under our tree for Nikki. Plus all the people in the doctors offices had bought presents too including the doctors. I didn't have a clue until that night. I remember being amazed and so thankful at what God had arranged.
7. My daughter always snooped to find her presents before Christmas and was never surprised at any of her Christmas gifts. It always disappointed me greatly because I love giving surprises.
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind ~ Luke 10:27