I knew it was too tough when Heidi said "I don't really know any of the answers right off the top of my head and I have been reading the Old Testament every day for the past two and a half years...". Sue J confirmed it when she only knew the answer to one of the questions, but she knew it well!
Sorry folks, next week I'll ease up a bit.
Here are the answers to Friday's Bible Quiz.
- Who said it?
- Who did they say it to?
- What were the circumstances?
- Extra Credit - What book of the bible is it in?
- Bonus - What is the common denominator in all of these scenarios?
1. "Whatever you have in mind, go ahead and do it, for the LORD is with you." - The prophet Nathan to King David when David wanted to build a palace for the Ark of the Covenent. It was Nathan's first response without consulting the Lord. - 2 Samuel 7:3
Do you know what God's response was?
2. "Don't be afraid. Go home and do as you have said. But first make a small cake of bread for me from what you have and bring it to me, and then make something for yourself and your son." - The prophet Elijah to the widow at Zarephath as she was gathering some sticks to make what she thought was the final meal for herself and her son before they died of starvation. - 1 Kings 17:13
Kelly got this one.
3. "This is what the LORD says: 'You have broken a wooden yoke, but in its place you will get a yoke of iron. This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: I will put an iron yoke on the necks of all these nations to make them serve Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and they will serve him. I will even give him control over the wild animals.' " - The prophet Jeremiah to Hananiah after Hananiah falsly prophesied that God was going to deliver Israel from the king of Babylon. - Jeremiah 28:13-14
No one got this one but Kelly had a pretty good guess.
4. "Has not the LORD anointed you leader over his inheritance?" - The prophet Samuel to Saul when Saul was annointed king over Israel. - 1 Samuel 10:1
5. "I know that it is my fault that this great storm has come upon you." - The prophet Johah to the sailors on the ship to Tarshish when Johah was running from the Lord and God sent a storm upon him. - Johah 1:12
Bonus - All of these statements were spoken by a prophet.
"A girl needs to be so lost in God, that the guy is going to have to seek HIM to find her!" ...Maya Angelou