Oct 24, 2009

Bible Quiz Answers for October 23, 2009

Here are the answers to yesterday's Bible Quiz. I tried to choose recognizable quotes but I have a feeling I'm still missing the mark here, even though our players had very accurate answers. Next week I may go with multiple choice so don't quit on me yet. :)

Sue J and KW both scored very high on this one. I did say that I only pulled these from two books of the Bible but since KW kindly provided the 3rd reference as well, I didn't want to disappoint.

  • These are all statements made by Jesus.
  • Who did He say them to?
  • What was the situation or circumstances?
  • Extra Credit: Where is it found?


"I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith." - Matthew 8:10 - He said it to a centurion in Capernaum who asked Jesus to heal his servant. The man believed that Jesus could do it without coming to his home or the man.

“Stand up, pick up your mat, and go home!” - Matthew 9:6 and Mark 2:11 - He said it to a paralyzed man that had been brought to Him (lowered through the roof) by some friends. He had first said "Your sins are forgiven." but the teachers of the law said that was blasphemy.

"Come, follow me, ... and I will make you fishers of men." - Matthew 4:19 and Mark 1:17 - He said it to Simon Peter and his brother Andrew. They were fishing in the Sea of Galilee when Jesus walked by and said this to them. This was the calling of the first disciples.

"Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." - Matthew 19:23-24, Mark 10:24-25, and Luke 18:24-25 - He said it to His disciples after the rich young man wouldn't give up his wealth to follow Jesus.

"Give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's." - Matthew 22:21, Mark 12:17, and Luke 20:25 - He said it to the Pharisees who were trying to trap Him by asking if it was right to pay taxes.





Edie

"A girl needs to be so lost in God, that the guy is going to have to seek HIM to find her!" ...Maya Angelou

4 comments:

RCUBEs said...

I love reading the answers though :) Thank you for doing this...It sharpens our mind! And make us hunger for His Word. Have a great weekend to you and may God bless you more!

Anonymous said...

I was familiar with these and even thought they were in Mathew! I need to keep reading my Bible to get more familiar!

Sue J. said...

I realize that so much of my Bible reading in the last decade or more has been for concepts. I definitely didn't get all the details on these answers. Although I appreciate understanding and illustrating the concepts, there is more to be gained, understood and illustrated, when you get all your facts straight!

(I definitely wanted to look up some details on Friday!!)

KrippledWarrior said...

I get smarter everytime I see your blog. I'm not a flatterer. Just a big fan.