I'm going to start posting a Bible Quiz on Fridays with answers on Mondays. I thought it would be fun and a good learning experience for all of us. Including me since I have to search the Bible to find the information.
For now, on to the Answers...
- Do you know who spoke the following statements?
- Who were they spoken to?
- What were the events that led up to the statement?
- Extra Credit: What book of the bible will you find it?
1. "Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." - Joseph... Spoken to his brothers after his father died because they were afraid he would seek revenge on them for selling him into slavery. Genesis 50:19-20
2. "It is not our custom here to give the younger daughter in marriage before the older one. Finish this daughter's bridal week; then we will give you the younger one also, in return for another seven years of work." - Laban... Spoken to Jacob after giving him Leah as his wife instead of Rachel who Jacob had already worked seven years for. Genesis 29:26-27
3. “Why didn’t you tell me she was your wife? Why did you say, ‘She is my sister,’ and allow me to take her as my wife? Now then, here is your wife. Take her and get out of here!” - Pharoah... Spoken to Abram after God punished Pharoah for taking Sarai as his wife because Abram and Sarai deceived him and said she was his sister, but never mentioned she was his wife. Genesis 12:18-19 (Note: Pharoah did not sleep with Sarai. God protected her from that.)
4. "Call me Mara, for the Almighty has made life very bitter for me." - Naomi... Spoken to the women in Bethlehem when she returned from Moab with Ruth after losing her husband and sons. Ruth:1:20
5. "Why are you hitting your fellow Hebrew?" - Moses... Spoken to a Hebrew for fighting another Hebrew. Moses didn't know the man he spoke to had witnessed him kill an Egyptian for beating a Hebrew the day before. Exodus 2:13
Something that all of these have in common is that these are all God's people who have been wronged or harmed in some way and had to work through their trust in God in their circumstances. God came through for all of them. In the cases of 3, 4, and 5, the people of God even sinned against God in some way.
Abram didn't trust God when he first went into Egypt or he wouldn't have told his wife to say she was his sister.
Naomi was bitter against God for her circumstances.
Moses had committed murder.
God's love, protection, and provision did not fail even in these circumstances and He won't fail you or me in ours.
"A girl needs to be so lost in God, that the guy is going to have to seek HIM to find her!" ...Maya Angelou