Oct 15, 2009

Scripture Memory Verse Project

I've been a bit lax about working on our memory verses and projects lately. Fortunately these girls remind me often. That treasure box is quite the motivator, and Miss Personality LOVES projects.

Sue J at CREATE: Making Something of Today! suggested that I post a list of the bible verses we have learned on my blog. I think that's a great idea so I will be doing that sometime soon for those of you who are interested.

I have noticed that a lot of women, including myself, seem to fall prey to the enemy's attack on our self worth so I really want to plant lots of seeds of Truth in these girls hearts about how God views them. So the bible verse we worked on here is this one.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14
The girls made images of themselves using wooden shapes and gluing them to styrofoam plates. I would have used paper plates but I didn't have any. You work with what-cha got. :) Those things that look like angels wings are actually puffy sleeves. Word Girl learned the verse too but wasn't too interested in this project. She's growing up. Oh NO!!







Edie

"A girl needs to be so lost in God, that the guy is going to have to seek HIM to find her!" ...Maya Angelou

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Beautiful verse, beautiful little angels with beautiful creations. What a blessing you are to us and to those you care for....

Blessings, andrea

Heart2Heart said...

Edie,

I love this idea! I need to be doing this much more not only for myself but for my family as well.

Love the beautiful angel crafts that your little angel created.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

RCUBEs said...

What a neat idea! Your angels did a great job of portraying themselves...Beautiful! Blessings to you.

Kelly said...

Growing up...yes, we have a little of that going on over here too. You need to come up with some new projects for big girls. :-)

My girls learn a verse each week both at school and at church. At school they get a piece of candy when they recite the verse. At church they get a "share." Once a month the church has a "share store" where they can buy stuff. Gigi has saved up about 158. Cici has 15, but that is because you can't play until you are in kindergarten and she just started.

Lisa Smith said...

Hey Edie!! Love the Maya Angelou quote!!

Fun art projects...I so love that age...the projects just get more intense with age ;)

Still lovin my new look and getting lots of compliments :-)

Susan said...

So so sweet!!

:-) Susan

Bernadine said...

Beautiful verse and I love the project.