Oct 11, 2009

Project 365 - October 11, 2009

Project 365

It's time for Project 365 again. Pay a visit to our gracious hostess Sara and join in with your week's worth in pictures.

Monday - Rained all day. As a matter of fact, I think it has rained all week. There is a little someone in the garden at the bottom of the picture looking for my friend "B".


Tuesday - First cup of hot chocolate for the season. With marshmallow of course. Do ya think it made 'em happy?


Wednesday - It died. It was just a bunch of colorful horizontal lines. When we turned it off, it stayed on with some not so colorful horizontal lines. I had to unplug it to get it to turn off. When I plugged it back in it wouldn't turn on. Time for the scrap heap.


Thursday - Computer Girl and I made a few needed purchases today.


Friday - Storm clouds filling the sky. Check out the rainbow colors under the darkest storm clouds in this picture. You might have to click on the picture to see them. What a wonderful reminder from God that He is there even in the storm.


The sun was peeking through the clouds in this picture. Do you see the faint rainbow that is just under the opening in the clouds? I didn't know it was there until I looked at the picture.


Saturday - One of my pet peeves. Marketing tactics with a deceptive nature. Even subtle deception is deception. I so look forward to a world where there is no more sin.

I hope you had a great week!


Edie

"A girl needs to be so lost in God, that the guy is going to have to seek HIM to find her!" ...Maya Angelou

11 comments:

sara said...

I am getting tired of the rain! I had a nice reprieve in Tucson...but it was hard to come back to overcast skies!

Hot chocolate is sounding really good right now!

btw, the pvc pipe was very easy to cut. you just need a hack saw and it went right through it!! We were pretty proud of ourselves! :)

Heidi said...

I look forward to a day when I (grandma) makes hot cocoa for my granddaughters and nothing else in the world matters a hoot.

Nice new t.v.- no boob in the back. I'd like to have one like that.

Mocha With Linda said once on a comment somewhere, "...into every blog a little real life must fall" or something like that. That's the basic deal up here in Freezerville, Michigan (feels like it's gonna snow, I think it is gonna snow) at the home of 2Thinks.

I am going to try to post something tonight, however. I have some pics I need to Flicker or Photobucket and then load into a little story. Loading pics for a post takes forever for me. I wonder if there is a quicker way that I don't know about.

LisaShaw said...

I like the turtle in the first photo. Can I have a cup of that cocoa with your grand girls please?

Glad you were able to get a new TV and looks like some slippers for someone precious :)

I am so with you about the deception and a world where there is no sin. Come LORD Jesus.

Beautiful photos dear one. Thanks for sharing.

Love ya.

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I almost pulled out the hot chocolate today but it started warming up.

I don't see the rainbow but I guess it's just me.

BTW - thanks for heading to my blog and leaving me a comment. I appreciate you taking the time.

Heart2Heart said...

Edie,

You are so right with all the deception that comes looking like authentic or important mail only to find out its an ad for something we don't need.

Well done and I love the storm cloud pictures and hoping for some rain this week here in California!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

B His Girl said...

My eyes were drawn to the turtle before I even read the words: ) Was it cold in Dallas area or was it just below 85? I guess you do not need an excuse to have cocoa! It was cool/pleasant at our beach service this morning. We are ready for fall! I could not see the rainbow colors in the pic but I have been thinking about rainbow colors.God is speaking in the skies. I am trying to listen. Hope you have a good week. Thanks for thinking of me. luv, B

Darla said...

what cute girls with their hot chocolates...i may have to go make some now, it's cold here tonite! love the cloud pictures too.

Anonymous said...

I've got my cup of cocoa with marshmallows right beside me!! ;o)

And yep...the picture in the post was mine - Thanks!!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Great pics, Edie! We have had TONS of rain here in Georgia too. I'm ready for some pretty blue skies and cool autumn breezes. The good thing though is our water table is FULL! :-) Our well almost ran completely dry last summer!

Deception in marketing drives me crazy too. DH and I are taking the Dave Ramsey class (ever done it?) and we were enlightened to the credit card marketing geniuses that are out there. Wow. Have we ever been DUPED!

Love you! Have a great day!

From the Heart said...

The pictures are beautiful. I can't see the rainbow either, but in the last picture of the clouds if you look at the top of the white showing on the left side I can see a face that looks like the face of Jesus. He's in the dark part just above the white. Amazing.
Love you,
AliceE.

Kim said...

We could use a little of your rain! It's so dry that the other day we had a sort of dust storm when the wind kicked up. Looked very odd, like a haze in the air.

Such cute pics of the girls enjoying their hot cocoa :-)

Great photos all around. Got a kick out of the t.v. one -- reminds me of an old Family Circle cartoon. The kids are arriving home from school and discover the t.v. turned toward the wall. One kid says to the other "Oh, it's going to be one of those weeks." lol

Have a great week!