Oct 4, 2009

Project 365 - October 4, 2009

Project 365

It's time for Project 365 again. Ok it's past time but it's been a bit busy lately. Have you felt it too? Sara is our gracious hostess so pay her a visit and feel free to join in.

Monday - After about 20 tries, I finally came up with an acceptable new profile picture.



Tuesday - We pass this every day on our way to pick up and drop the kids at school. This is only about 1/4 of the pumpkins in this lot. This pumpkin patch is of great interest to Computer Girl as she comments on it everyday. One day she said "It sure must have took a long time to put all those pumpkins there." I just love when I get a view of the thought process that precedes the statement.


Wednesday - I have several pictures for this day. Since there was so much interest in my longhorn picture last week I thought I would show you the cows that live further up the same street. We pass these cows every day on our way home from school. On this day we parked to take these pictures. This first picture is of the girls headed over to where the cows are. This is on a city main street, not a country back road. Cows are to the right.





There are several cows and two babies that graze here. This mama was keeping a close eye on us.


This is one of the trees along the fence. It seems to be producing *fruit* but I don't have a clue what kind. Does anyone know what those round things growing in it are?


Thursday - A friend of mine asked me to take dance lessons with him so I dusted off my dance shoes. Yes, there is a little bit of cowgirl inside this city girl.


Friday - Miss Personality was watching Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella while she had a snack. This is my favorite filming of Cinderella ever. The girls seem to concur. I guess we are hopeless romantics.


Saturday - My email inbox for the last few days. (I blurred it on purpose.) It didn't all fit on the screen and that is after I read and responded to several and filed them away. I have a system with emails. I keep all my correspondence and file it into the various folders that you see on the left after I have responded. I'm a little behind right now.


Thanks for spending the week with me!



Edie

"A girl needs to be so lost in God, that the guy is going to have to seek HIM to find her!" ...Maya Angelou

16 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Edie,

What a great week captured in highlights by all your pictures! I love cows, not sure where that love came from but I love how they just have the most beautiful eyes!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Susan said...

Awwww...great pics. I LOVE that version of Cinderella too! I especially love the song, "In my own little corner...in my own little chair..." So fun!

Hugs,

Susan

Kelly said...

I"m thinking you're going to have to take a stop at the Pumpkin Patch soon. :-)

Your profile picture is BEAUTIFUL! You look great! Wooo!

I guess you'd elbow me if you knew I've never seen that version of Cinderella...I'll put it on my list of things to do.

Who is HE that you are taking dance lessons with, hmmmm? Inquiring minds want to know. LOL!

Kelly said...

p.s. I do a pretty mean Texas 2-step...quick, quick, slow, slow....

Andrea said...

My husband thinks the tree is an Osage orange tree. The Indians made bows out of the wood.

Love your new profile picture.
Blessings, andrea

Alleluiabelle said...

Hi Dear Friend,

I love the pictures. We have cows here, but not long horns. You look like you had a fun week and I bet the dance lessons are a fun thing to do.

You're profile picture is gorgeous! I don't think you could ever take a bad picure my friend because you have natural beauty and it just exudes from your entire face and smile.

Love & Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Crown of Beauty said...

Hi, i've been here a few times before, but I don't remember if I ever left a comment. Just came over from Andrea's blogs (Arise 2 Write, and All God's Creatures). I love the way you re designed her blogs...and I'm here to tell you so (upon her request).

Your new profile picture is lovely, and your week in pictures is so interesting.

Blessings on your day...

Love
Lidj

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Hey thar, Cowgirl! ;-)
Them are sum gooooood lookin' boots ya got on! Yeee Haww!

I can say that because I'm from Texas too...I've got long roots that stretch over 5 states. :-)

Those round things growing in the tree LOOK like some that grow in our backyard...and they are like some kind of walnuts inside there. Crack one open and see! They are tough, so you might have to run over it with a truck! LOL

The cows are perrrty; we have a bunch around us, but it's funny to me that those are so close to a busy road like that. That's Texas for ya! :-)

Joyfulsister said...

Hey Sistah!
How have you been?? Miss *U*, LOL I love the way that mama cow was looking at you!!.
Beautiful photos of the pumpkins. yeah!! fall is here!!!

Hugz Lorie

Tammy said...

I remember watching Cinderella every year on TV.

I told some of my girlfriends in grade school that I played the part of Cinderella. That I flew out to Hollywood on the weekends to make the movie. One of my friend's asked me how did I get the dark hair (I was a very blonde,then)I said they give me a wig and made me look taller through the camera.

You can believe what I tell you today...I'm a changed woman!


Love and Hugs~Tammy

Amanda said...

Some great pictures in there!!!

Many blessings to you-
Amanda

Laurie said...

Hi Edie,
Great pics. How fun about your dancing lessons and I love your profile picture! Blessings, Laurie

Laurie said...

Hi Edie,
Great pics. How fun about your dancing lessons and I love your profile picture! Blessings, Laurie

My ADHD Me said...

1. I LOVE your pic. I remember posting a picture of myself months ago and I went thru the same thing. It isn't vanity. It was just trying to get a picture that didn't scare my readers. haha.

2. I agree, "It sure must of took a long time to put all those pumpkins there!" :)

3. That's easy! Those trees are producing ready made balls of yarn.

4. Now that had to be fun! Hope you and "he" had a good time!!

5. Filing your emails in folders! Another A-Ha moment for me. Of course most of mine are already filed...under "Unread"!

Have a great day!!

Sue J. said...

I noticed your new profile pic before you "enlarged" it for us! Love it!!

I like this photo of the girls and the street with the cows. There is just a lot going on there to think about. Makes me wonder if the busy people in the busy cars ever take notice of the cows? Or the kids? Computer Girl and I might have something processing approaches in common.

Beverlydru said...

I wanted to come see your photos since it's time for more and I enjoyed them. My how the time flies. Blessings to you!